By David Seed
- This Companion conveys the size and diversity of technology fiction.
- Shows how technological know-how fiction has been used as a way of debating cultural issues.
- Essays by means of a world diversity of students talk about the contexts, issues and techniques utilized by technology fiction writers.
- Addresses basic subject matters, reminiscent of the historical past and origins of the style, its engagement with technology and gender, and nationwide diversifications of technological know-how fiction round the English-speaking world.
- Maps out connections among technology fiction, tv, the cinema, digital fact know-how, and different points of the culture.
- Includes a bit targeting significant figures, corresponding to H.G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ursula Le Guin.
- Offers shut readings of specific novels, from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This article explores how Afro-Brazilians outline their Africanness via Candomblé and Quilombo types, and build paradigms of blackness with impacts from US-based views, in the course of the vectors of public rituals, carnival, drama, poetry, and hip hop.
Samuel Richardson (1689–1761), one of the most crucial and influential English novelists, was once additionally a prolific letter author. past its remarkable diversity, his correspondence holds specified curiosity as that of a training epistolary novelist, who suggestion hard and long in regards to the letter as a sort. The Cambridge variation of the Correspondence of Samuel Richardson is the 1st whole version of his letters.
From 1929 to the most recent factor, American Literature has been the key magazine expressing the findings of these who examine our nationwide literature. The jouranl has released the easiest paintings of literary historians, critics, and bibliographers, starting from the founders of the self-discipline to the simplest present critics and researchers.
The Haudenosaunee, most likely often called the Iroquois or Six countries, were the most greatly written-about Indigenous teams within the usa and Canada. yet seldom have the voices rising from this group been drawn on as a way to comprehend its enduring highbrow traditions. Rick Monture’s We percentage Our concerns deals the 1st complete portrait of the way the Haudenosaunee of the Grand River area have expressed their lengthy fight for sovereignty in Canada.
- Hip Figures: A Literary History of the Democratic Party (Post*45)
- Narrative Exchanges (Routledge Revivals)
- Abandoning Dead Metaphors: The Caribbean Phase of Derek Walcott’s Poetry
- Mark Twain’s Pudd’nhead Wilson: Race, Conflict and Culture
- To Promote, Defend, and Redeem: The Catholic Literary Revival and the Cultural Transformation of American Catholicism, 1920-1960: Catholic Literary Revival ... to the Study of World History)
- Living Under Plastic
Extra info for A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Seed